Welcome...

We invite you to remember your loved ones who have died by committing an act of kindness in their honor. Love, kindness, generosity, sharing, these are the gifts we can give to them.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

--This good deed

...is from Trent
This past week at the cafeteria I saw someone drop a $100 bill. The man didn't even realize it had fell out of his hand. I picked it up and gave it to him. This act of kindness is donated to baby Theo.



...was performed and submitted by Kevin.
I was spending time with my best friend of many years, just relaxing and watching t.v. It soon became apparent to me that my dear friend was in pain, having been suffering from a bladder infection and running a fever for a few days. I quickly jumped to her concern and asked her if she had taken her medicine for the day, and she informed me that she had not, and that the bottle of her pills was in her car, parked some ten blocks away. I immediately offered to go and get it for her, but she strongly refused, insisting that she was fine and that it was too far for me to walk. I settled down, offering her a drink and trying to comfort her. I waited for her to fall asleep, and as she did, I lifted her feet off of my lap, quietly grabbed her keys, and left the room. I walked outside, the time now nearing 2 am in the morning, and the temperature close to freezing. In order to save time, I did not make a trip back to my place, thus leaving me without much to wear for warmth, just a tee shirt and a light jacket. I walked the ten blocks and retrieved the medicine, and as i was on my way back i remembered my friend's almost inability to swallow pills. Usually, some milk and crackers helped wash down the pill and ease her stomach. The nearest 7-Eleven was several blocks out of the way, but I braved the journey none the less. As I returned to her room, almost forty five minutes later and very cold, I awoke her and brought her the bottle and food. She was very tired and entirely unaware of what was going on. She took the medicine, ate a few crackers washed down by milk, and instantly fell back asleep, looking much better than a few hours prior. I kissed her gently of the forehead and let myself out. Being the deep sleeper that she is, I don't think my friend has any recollection of what happened, but I rest easier each time I think of that night, knowing I did my best to ease the pains of my best friend, my satisfaction lying not in recognition, but in the warm smile I see each time we meet.



---this is from Megan
As my good deed, I have introduced many of my friends to my student organization, Chi Alpha. I feel that this is a great deed because most college students do not have a relationship with God, and personally, I believe that it is very important to have a close relationship. My friends have enjoyed coming to Chi Alpha, and I am very blessed that I had the courage to share God with them.
Have a happy holiday.

No comments: