Welcome...

We invite you to remember your loved ones who have died by committing an act of kindness in their honor. Love, kindness, generosity, sharing, these are the gifts we can give to them.

Monday, December 25, 2017

Kindnesses this Christmas

Theo,

This year I decided, in memory of you, to volunteer with an organization that helps to settle refugees coming from other countries into the U.S. I signed up to read to children and give out children’s books at a resources fair for refugee families. I started the day in the reading room, helping children pick out books, but was quickly called in to serve as backup for the overwhelmed face painter. The line seemed never to shrink during the four hours I was there. One after another, I placed the tip of my brush to the faces of children of all ages, some of whom spoke no English. I touched their foreheads to move the hair from their eyes. Their little bodies were pressed up close all around me as I worked, painting the images of Batman, Spiderman, flowers, unicorns, and American flags—images selected by the kids. What an honor it was, to make a first impression on these families as they entered our country, to look into these innocent little faces and welcome them here. Thank you for inspiring me to open myself up to this experience.

Becky Boncal



Hello to you sweet Karla! I have a couple of stories of RAOK in the spirit of our children gone....I have donated 20 pair of shoes to children in a village in Tanzania for Christmas. Many of them have infected feet due to not having shoes. One pair for every year Samantha was here. It was her burning desire to travel to Africa, she never had the chance....on Christmas Day I will be making and delivering 100 turkey sandwiches to the homeless, in memory of my sweet son Ryan. I'm also collecting scarves gloves and hats for those who are in need. Stories for Theos stocking...please make it anonymous
Sending love.....

In loving memory of Samantha and Ryan 

Dear Friends, 

Our Act of Kindness this year was a cash donation for an outreach effort organized by friends and family members of some families in Puerto Rico. The organizers live in Florida and have been able to utilize a structured supply chain to restaurants and small businesses in Puerto Rico to get the relief items directly to some people in dire need. We love you guys and are thinking of you all!


Love, Pam and Annie 

No comments: