Welcome...

We invite you to remember your loved ones who have died by committing an act of kindness in their honor. Love, kindness, generosity, sharing, these are the gifts we can give to them.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

The night I was leaving to go back home from VCU for the winter break, I had realized I did not use the rest of my meal swipes on my meal plan. Now this is very common with most students, and many times people tend to waste them at the very end of the semester. I found out a resident in my building had ran out of meal swipes a month ago, and was left with one meal a day. He did not tell anyone, but he approached me and told me about it. I offered to get him food for the week until his finals were over and he could get home. I didn't do it to use the rest of my meal swipes, but purely because he was starving himself and still had a good 3-5 days at VCU without food and I had swipes that were going to be wasted if I did not use them. I knew it would be better to feed someone else, rather than to waste them on nothing.

--Vi T.

No comments: