Welcome...

We invite you to remember your loved ones who have died by committing an act of kindness in their honor. Love, kindness, generosity, sharing, these are the gifts we can give to them.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

This Christmas is a really hectic one. I am away from my family and friends for longer than what I am used to and I know it will be this way though it's a part of growing up and doing for myself while here at college. I am getting used to this experience little-by-little, but all for the best I hope. For my random act of kindness I have decided to tell about how I recently lost money in trying to make some for college, but still came to doing something nice. I bought an iPod to sell on EBay so I could make some extra money for classes here at VCU in case of emergency. I ended up scammed and lost it due to a person sending me false emails. I lost exactly $366.50 and felt horrible about that at first. The next day I was at Wal-Mart and was thinking of this and how it made me feel like crap, but then I saw one of those Salvation Army guys ringing the bell for charity. I thought to myself that maybe something good could come out of me losing all that money, so I decided to donate for the first time. I felt good, great at that. So even though something bad happened I felt that the only thing to make me feel better was to do good in some form, I donated to this charity and now I can confidently say that I did it again just a few days later after this self-assignment was brought up in class.

--Bobby C.

No comments: