Welcome...

We invite you to remember your loved ones who have died by committing an act of kindness in their honor. Love, kindness, generosity, sharing, these are the gifts we can give to them.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thank you so much for including me again in Theo's stocking - you remind me what the holidays should be about. I really hope that you and your family are doing well and that you are able to balance your grief with love and laughter this season.

This year, I have already found myself in the midst of an act of kindness by finding a bunch of Christmas gifts to go under the tree of a young family who have really had life test them this year. The family was referred to me by a fellow social worker so there's not much I can say because of confidentiality reasons but this family needed to be reminded of the good in the world. Two of their children experienced tremendous trauma in their lives and their family is slowly putting together the pieces of their lives. In the process of wrapping gifts for this family - nothing extravagant or too fancy, just some toys and whatnot - I was also reminded that there is good in the world and that if we all try really hard, we can be that good in the world.

Merry Christmas! I hope your son's stocking is filled with love and happy things!

Robyn J.

No comments: